Tuesday, January 23, 2007

E-Business Wiki

I have been contributing to the BYU e-Business Wiki for the past couple of weeks. I have mainly been adding content to the e-Business Marketing section of the wiki.

Here are the pages I contributed to:

- The main E-Business Marketing page. I added the overiew section, and broke the page into internet marketing and e-Business marketing. Yes, I think there is a difference.

- Under internet marketing technologies I worked on:
- Web Transaction Logs
- Databases and DataMining

- Under marketing and branding strategies I added content to:
- Affiliate Marketing
- Viral Marketing

Writting in Wiki was more challenging than I thought it would be. I found it diffcult and time consuming to find the syntax to use in order to format my pages correctly. I wish wikis would allow HTML. Maybe they do, I don't know. It was also hard to come up with content without copying other sources. For the most part I put things in my own words and sited sources where I borrowed content. I plan on adding more as the semester goes and as I learn more. I was mainly broad in my analysis and topics. In the future I hope to be more specific in some areas.

No comments: