Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Creating a site map

So I am really trying to drive traffic to my Amazon.com's associate website www.onestopgps.com. It really is a challenging thing to do and it seems like it will be an uphill battle. In an effort to maximize my chances of showing up in the search results I used Google's site map generator to create a site map for my website. Having a sitemap seems to be like a key ingredient for SEO. In the process however, I learned how to SSH into my webserver, how to execute a python script, and how to upload my site map to google. All good things to know. Periodically, I will regenerate my site map and submit it to google. Google seems to like that! Overall, I feel good, I feel like I accomplished something and learned something new. Now I just need people to visit my site and buy something!!!

No comments: